Will aptasia X work on majonoe nems?

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe I have one in my tank right next to my zoas but due to the location and angle I cant get a good pic what so ever. All I can see is a brownish skirt that'll react to being touched and has little bulbs on the end of it. But can I use aptasia X on it if it is in fact a majonoe nem?

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe I have one in my tank right next to my zoas but due to the location and angle I cant get a good pic what so ever. All I can see is a brownish skirt that'll react to being touched and has little bulbs on the end of it. But can I use aptasia X on it if it is in fact a majonoe nem?
Doesn’t work on
doesn’t work on majano /tulip anemones been trying to get rid of mine for while now half tempted to take a razor blade to them at this point

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had one before, do they grow like wild fire or what? I just know they are considered a pest.

Also would a laser work on it?

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they keep splitting i started out with one hitchhiker from a coral back in June didn’t know much about it thought it looked cool left it now I’m now up to atleast 6 of them I honestly haven’t seen them bother any of my corals but everyone said get rid of them no experience with lasers LFS was gonna lend me a mojano wand that supposedly frys them instantly but hasn’t happened yet

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
69A6D555-F788-43A8-A0EB-994B3302CA17.jpeg
26B58F81-12B3-498F-8DC2-525FE5DE03E5.jpeg
Yeah they keep splitting i started out with one hitchhiker from a coral back in June didn’t know much about it thought it looked cool left it now I’m now up to atleast 6 of them I honestly haven’t seen them bother any of my corals but everyone said get rid of them no experience with lasers LFS was gonna lend me a mojano wand that supposedly frys them instantly but hasn’t happened yet

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks more like an aptasia than a majano to me.

In either case, the aptasia X worked better on our majanos than that did on the aptasia.

I would highly recommend aptasia X for killing majano.

Just be careful with it. You can squirt out a lot more than you expect.
Get it really close with a steady hand before you squirt.
[emoji4]

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used aptasia X on aptasia and it gets rid of it pretty well in my tank. But I cant even get a clear ID on what it is on my zoas because it stays out of veiw except for the very tip of it. But I'm almost certain it's a pest nem because the zoas touching it are receding back.

OhDumb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've effectively used AptasiaX to kill Aptasia, Mojanos, Green Palys, and Zoas.

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It kills zoas? So then do I have to worry be abuse this is in the middle of my zoas? I also have another aptasia right in the center of some pallys.

OhDumb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. You have to put it right on and over the mouth. I nuke Aptasia in my zoas all the time without harming them. It's just a simple remedy if you have zoas encroaching on another coral. You can melt a few without having to get out the scalpel. If you get some of the AptasiaX on any zoas just blow it off with turkey baster or something similar.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back