Will DC power cable interfere w/ probes?

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ever since I installed my DC skimmer my probes have been off. Just wondering if I should recalibrate or try to reroute some wires. Has anybody have negative effects on their probes with DC power cables nearby?

OP
OP
Pvtgloss

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's interesting. I would have thought that the probes use a coax type wire with shielding???
I'm not sure if it's even interference. But the wires are extremely thin, couldn't have much shielding of they do.
Have you tried shutting the skimmer off for a while to see what happens with the probe readings?
I have. My salinity jumps when the skimmer is off. It's all out of wack now. Even when skimmer is off. It was calibrated spot on before I installed the skimmer. I've tried to shake out any air with no luck. I'll try recalibrating it tomorrow

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back