Will doing this soove

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I had about 50lb of Fiji pink in with about 50lb of rocks in a 73g. I went with Fiji pink over special grade because I really like the look and want to keep a goby.

With the intention of this new build being a sps dominated tank, I turned up the flow and you guessed it right, a little sand storm in the back started dancing.

Now, since I got a new bag of 40lb special grade, do you think adding to it will alleviate the flying sand?

Really try not to pull out all the sand and redo the scapes lol.

apologize for the typo in the title and repeat post, just didn’t get much traffic.

PeaBrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are your power heads aimed at the sand? If so, you will have sand storms. I have a shallow aragonite bed, but still a lot of flow. Most of the flow is at or aimed toward the top.

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are your power heads aimed at the sand? If so, you will have sand storms. I have a shallow aragonite bed, but still a lot of flow. Most of the flow is at or aimed toward the top.
Now, both Wavemakers are pointing slightly upward. I have to run them at 90% to have moderate flow but still in the back sands are flying. I am pretty sure if I add more rocks and it will alleviate the problem, but I am not planning on adding more rocks.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back