Will Flow rate distribute evenly in this manifold?

rpgraff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking at using Rob B’z Kalkwasser dosing Venturi and it occurred to me this might also be how I could remote dose other liquids to my display tank from a fish room 25-30 feet. If the water flow from the pump is split 4 ways to different Venturi’s, then another manifold combines them together, would the flow rate be equal between the 4 venturi’s? This would be a closed loop from the display tank sump, to the fish room and back to the sump again.

IMG_2658.jpeg

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking at using Rob B’z Kalkwasser dosing Venturi and it occurred to me this might also be how I could remote dose other liquids to my display tank from a fish room 25-30 feet. If the water flow from the pump is split 4 ways to different Venturi’s, then another manifold combines them together, would the flow rate be equal between the 4 venturi’s? This would be a closed loop from the display tank sump, to the fish room and back to the sump again.

IMG_2658.jpeg
While there would be flow through all 4 venturis, water will always take the path of least resistance. In this case, the 2 pipes in the center have less resistance because they are closer to the inlet and outlet with less drag and head pressure than the pipes on the outside.

RandyL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have needle valves on all outputs, you may have a shot at balancing the flow across them. Gate valves in front may also be an option.

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the assembly is standing up with pipes going top to bottom, the lowest pipe will have the best flow, the top pipe the lowest. If its laying flat, as stated above the 2 middle pipes the best.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you really wanted it “balanced” you need a splitting manifold and each leg needs identical back pressure and flow rate. You could also use cross over pipes to achieve closer to laminar flow. As others have said though it does not matter.
IMG_2749.jpeg

IMG_2750.jpeg

Shon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not one Venturi with
Fed by
From pump for constant flow

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 175 72.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 45 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back