Will I have a shortage of copepods with these fish?

toi_ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im planning a stocking list for my 6x3x1.2 foot aquarium but I would like to have multiple fish that love to eat cope pods. 1 finger dragonet, 1 yellow tail tamarin, 1 black spot leopard wrasse and a adorned halichoeres wrasse. My refugium will be around 30 gallons when full with water and im wondering if this will be too small to provide the necessary critters for these fish. Any help appreciated thanks

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you get some input. I am in a similar situation with my 5 wrasse who are constantly picking at the rocks and glass. I am wary to get a dragonet since I am not sure there will be enough copepods for him!

OP
OP
toi_ss

toi_ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you get some input. I am in a similar situation with my 5 wrasse who are constantly picking at the rocks and glass. I am wary to get a dragonet since I am not sure there will be enough copepods for him!
Im hoping that with having a large ish refugium and lots of live rock as well as a large open area for grazing the sand bed i might be okay.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
=If the tank is old enough it will be no problem. I have a spawning pair of these Mandarins.

Spawning pair of these Ruby Reds.

Maybe 5 or 6 of these bleenies, mostly spawning.

5 of these Hectors gobies, spawning.

5 or 6 of these clown gobies.

2 of these Blue Stripped Pipefish along with 30 other fish in a 125. But the tank is old and natural and I don't have a refugium or sump.

One Scooter Dragonette.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never bought a copepod. But if I did, I would store them here.

All old healthy tanks that are not quarantined or medicated should be full of copepods.

beamers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my melanurus wrasse unfortunately ate every copepod in the tank in my 90gal. so much so that i had to rehome him before my dragonet starved. I did not have a refugium however so that will probably save you from a wrasse over eating everything.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • No

Votes: 153 76.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 20 10.1%
Back