Will it ever end?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like the world is a giant baby and I'm the last cloth diaper. Bout 3 weeks ago the step daughter had her car in the shop and borrowed our brand new lease. She totalled it. Due to the Rona and the fresh lease we can't get approved for another. Then my work truck breaks down. Then my washer quits. Now my refrigerator. By the time I realized, it was too late for the $100 worth of fish food I just purchased yesterday. Sorry for the rant. Needed a venue to vent on. In the world of the Rona it just seems like everything is one step forward, 2 steps back.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life sucks sometimes, it will get better!

Rooting for you man.
support its gonna be fine GIF by Team Coco

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like the world is a giant baby and I'm the last cloth diaper. Bout 3 weeks ago the step daughter had her car in the shop and borrowed our brand new lease. She totalled it. Due to the Rona and the fresh lease we can't get approved for another. Then my work truck breaks down. Then my washer quits. Now my refrigerator. By the time I realized, it was too late for the $100 worth of fish food I just purchased yesterday. Sorry for the rant. Needed a venue to vent on. In the world of the Rona it just seems like everything is one step forward, 2 steps back.
Sorry for your troubles. When it rains it pours. I can lend you a $100 to feed your fish if needed. We should all help one another when times are bad. I had to retire early at 61 2 years ago from my 20 year bus mechanic job where I was making $42/hr. Now I get $9.38/hr from SS. I will still help others if I can. Hope things improve for you soon.

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Insurance isnt covering the lease? shouldnt they be able to get you another car?

OP
OP
Jekyl

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your troubles. When it rains it pours. I can lend you a $100 to feed your fish if needed. We should all help one another when times are bad. I had to retire early at 61 2 years ago from my 20 year bus mechanic job where I was making $42/hr. Now I get $9.38/hr from SS. I will still help others if I can. Hope things improve for you soon.
God no, but thank you. I own my own business. Things are starting to pick back up but my industry will be the last to recover from the covid restrictions. My family is still just fine, I'll never allow it any other way. I just needed to vent and don't like laying it all on the wife.

mexi757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m personally not good on receiving help from others regardless of the pain ( I’m tooooo dang hard headed ) but if you need help definitely reach out. I know times are tuff and I’m willing to help a reefer!

Hyjnks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I appreciate your love of reefs - seems like you have more important things to take care of - good luck brother - keep your head up

OP
OP
Jekyl

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Insurance isnt covering the lease? shouldnt they be able to get you another car?
They covered the cost of the one that was totalled. Getting approved for a new loan is the touchy thing. I started my own business about 6 months before Covid. Stretched pretty thin at this point waiting for my field to pick back up.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
God no, but thank you. I own my own business. Things are starting to pick back up buy my industry will be the last to recover from the covid restrictions. My family is still just fine, I'll never allow it any other way. I just needed to vent and don't like laying it all on the wife.
Good for you Jekyl. If you have strong will power you will succeed.

OP
OP
Jekyl

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I appreciate your love of reefs - seems like you have more important things to take care of - good luck brother - keep your head up
Luckily my reef is pretty self sustained. I only do water changes every few months at this point.

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They covered the cost of the one that was totalled. Getting approved for a new loan is the touchy thing. I started my own business about 6 months before Covid. Stretched pretty thin at this point waiting for my field to pick back up.

okay, at least you arent on the hook for that car. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to DM me, always open to chat

LAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree

OP
OP
Jekyl

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay, at least you arent on the hook for that car. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to DM me, always open to chat
Always appreciate the kindness of others. I'm sure everything will be fine. I'm old school in that I put the world on my shoulders. I would never really let loose my frustration on the wife. Easier to vent in an anonymous forum :cool:

LAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always appreciate the kindness of others. I'm sure everything will be fine. I'm old school in that I put the world on my shoulders. I would never really let loose my frustration on the wife. Easier to vent in an anonymous forum :cool:
yes everything always works out in the end. That’s just how the world works. Something bad brings something good.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your bad luck, but at least in all of the bad things you mentioned non of them were your family/loved ones being sick or injured.

You mentioned your daughter'in-law wrecking your car... on a positive note you didn't have to mention that she was injured or worse.

OP
OP
Jekyl

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your bad luck, but at least in all of the bad things you mentioned non of them were your family/loved ones being sick or injured.

You mentioned your daughter in law wrecking your car... on a positive note you didn't have to mention that she was injured or worse.
No not at all. Had there been injury involved venting about it wouldn't even be a thought in my mind. She and the other drive are both perfectly fine.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not at all. Had there been injury involved venting about it wouldn't even be a thought in my mind. She and the other drive are both perfectly fine.
I assumed no one was injured since you didn't mention it. I was just trying to point out it could be worse.

Although the loss of material possessions suck it isn't that bad in the long run.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back