Will it make it?

Will a wild caught Butterfy make the journey?

• It will probably be alright

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

floatchop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a Blue headed Butterfly (Cheaton kleinii) on the way. Should have been delivered already. Fedex says its delayed...by the end of the day.

Quarantine tank was cycled and ready to go for a month. Been adding ammonia daily to make sure the tank is ready. 12 gallon.. a bit small but that's what I've got. Its going into a 65 and will be moved to the 100 when its time.

I'm nervous for the fish and wondering what others have experienced with these kinds of delays. So, what do ya think? Its coming from PA to SC.

OP
OP
floatchop

floatchop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I have to say, I should have known better then to order a fish the week of black Friday

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it was supposed to have been delivered already today but hasn't but FedEx still shows it by the end of day?

Have prime ready!! It's not critical yet If it gets pushed until tomorrow, Unless the fish wasn't fed for a few days before shipping, That water will start getting toxic pretty much immediately.

OP
OP
floatchop

floatchop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't have prime, but I do have 5 gallons of salt water ready to go, just in case. Pretty sure the tank can handle the bio load tho

OP
OP
floatchop

floatchop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just delivered...DOA

There was only about 4 cups of water in the bag and cold. Pretty large box, 16", for such a small amount of water. Especiallyfor a 3" fish Every other fish I've gotten in the mail was much more then that.

Bummer

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just delivered...DOA

There was only about 4 cups of water in the bag and cold. Pretty large box, 16", for such a small amount of water. Especiallyfor a 3" fish Every other fish I've gotten in the mail was much more then that.

Bummer
Really sorry about that. Hope you will still enjoy your Thanksgiving.

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just delivered...DOA

Bummer
So sorry about your loss. Butterfly fish are definitely more sensitive

OP
OP
floatchop

floatchop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, these blue headed butterfly are supposed to be a little more hardy. Couldn't hang with the cold. Plus the box only says perishable on the outside, not live fish, so fedex probably didn't see it as an emergency...I guess.

Maybe I'll see if the lfs can order one.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, these blue headed butterfly are supposed to be a little more hardy. Couldn't hang with the cold. Plus the box only says perishable on the outside, not live fish, so fedex probably didn't see it as an emergency...I guess.

Maybe I'll see if the lfs can order one.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!
Are you in an area where it has to be ordered online? Can you pick one up in store?

OP
OP
floatchop

floatchop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what ill try. LFS is about 45 mins away, thats why I usually don't go that route.

Sean_B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just delivered...DOA

Bummer
Dang!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back