Will it work? and if so How would I set it up!?

IUSTINIAN75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 150w heater set up on my tank it has a built in knob for temp setting, I recently got a ink bird controller that has wifi built in that allows me to monitor, get alerts, and also change temp if required.

my question is would the heater having its own temp sensor and dial screw with the controller being able to control it properly? If so what heater would you recommend to be used with this controller?
if I can use my current heater, or any heater that does have a built in dial (as most I’ve seen do) how would I set this up properly?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set the heater at 79 and the inkbird at 78. You want the inkbird to not stay on all of the time and the heater to act as a second level of defense.

I highly recommend a heater with a built in thermostat with the inkbird - they are known to have issues and are not commercial-level type of stuff. They can drift and get inaccurate over time. If the ink bird starts to run hot, you want the heater to turn it's self off.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others said set the heater 2 degrees higher than the apex, the heater temp may not match the apex, unless it can be calibrated.

Carolina79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I’m having issues with my setup. I have a 25g, I live in Tampa Fl, and I have an adjustable Marineland heater. I constantly have alarms going off, can someone please help enter my settings on the inkbird app and on the controller. I’d like to keep my tank temp between 77-79 but I d like to know what all this hysteresis and cooling back and all other things that have to be entered are. This is difficult for me lol! Maybe some screen shots would be helpful? My house is set at 74 during the day and 70 at night.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back