will large angelfish eat zoas?

fennec fox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i need someone with personal experience of large angelfish eating zoas i love zoas and have lots of rare ones rastas utter chaos goblin fire sunny d's and tones of anemones in a 90 gallon this was ment to be a fish only with anemone tank but i had to have some rare zoas but i also want a regal or majestic angelfish for it and maybe a flame too and need to know 100% that my zoas will not be harmed before i get one als want to know the same thing for puffers butterflys blue throat trigger and a coris wrasse and australian stripys. i will have yellow tang blue tang fire fish maybe anthias fariy wrasses mother dragonet .

i would also like some suggestions on other cool fish like boxfish but smaller thank you.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that the larger Angels will taste a coral but I don't think they'll eat your zoas. I have a lot in my tank and my Regal looks at them but hasn't eaten any. Their pretty nasty tasting or at least that's what they say:rolleyes: Each fish is going to have it's own personality so nothing is 100% for sure.

Reefiness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Questions like these are very common. the best bit of advice you will get it that no one knows. There are species that are more or less likely to nip at or eat corals, but you will never really know until you get one into your tank and see how your specific fish acts to your specific corals.

Back