Will my corals recover?

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My heater went out in the off position. I noticed This when at work at 9am when I was sent an alarm from my Apex of low temp. By the time I was able to get home and replace it was 8 hours later and tank tamp dropped to 72.5 at its lowest point. 7 of my Sps coral look like they lost a lot of their pop { browned out } and my gonines were all retracted . Fish seamed lethargic and lost my favorite fish a 7 year old Hawaiian Cleaner wrasse and one Purple Queens.
Will my Corals recover?

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
73 is cool but not cold. Fish slow down a bit but will be fine. Bring the temp back up slowly to 75 or so and then 77 tomorrow, etc

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also not sure why you lost fish. 72 is not deadly unless something else is going on.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My heater went out in the off position. I noticed This when at work at 9am when I was sent an alarm from my Apex of low temp. By the time I was able to get home and replace it was 8 hours later and tank tamp dropped to 72.5 at its lowest point. 7 of my Sps coral look like they lost a lot of their pop { browned out } and my gonines were all retracted . Fish seamed lethargic and lost my favorite fish a 7 year old Hawaiian Cleaner wrasse and one Purple Queens.
Will my Corals recover?
I am sorry to hear this. I am not sure why the fish died. I lost power for 24 hours and tank temp dropped to 66 F and all fish survived.

Bring temp up slowly

Again I am sorry that u lost your favorite fish. Let us know you need more help.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back