Will my Duncan be ok?

legrunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So these past few days, this has been happening...
20200331_102629.jpg

Will the lower polyp be ok? I heard that some clowns can love euphillia to death. Hope that's not going to be the case here ...

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get a nem....

Clowns can definitely love them to death. The damage isn't long term, it's just if the coral dies that is the worry, but that would happen from long term abuse by the clown. My clown abused my Duncan for a month before I got a nem, it's more than okay now, but during that month I didn't see it open much if at all

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ve had clowns beat the daylights out of RBTA and Carpets plus hammers.
Insecure lunatic beasts they can be !!

OP
OP
legrunt

legrunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get a nem....

Clowns can definitely love them to death. The damage isn't long term, it's just if the coral dies that is the worry, but that would happen from long term abuse by the clown. My clown abused my Duncan for a month before I got a nem, it's more than okay now, but during that month I didn't see it open much if at all

I have TWO BTAs in there!

But this guy seems to have gotten attached to the Duncan...

Ok, maybe more background. There was once one single BTA and 3 very small juvenile clowns in the tank. The nem somehow split, and now theres a large one and a slightly smaller one. In the meantime, one clown seems to have gotten larger proportionally than the others. I'm guessing that will become the dominant female. She, along with the larger of the other two have taken to the nems, and take turns swapping between the two nems. The littlest guy, I guess with lack of a third nem, has taken to the Duncans...

OP
OP
legrunt

legrunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an update. The lower polyp seems to have gotten "used to" the clown... Better polyp extension today...
20200401_165558.jpg

Back