Will my sarco recover?

LuigiScReef98

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2025
Messages
18
Reaction score
18
Location
Italy, Naples
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I received some corals and fishes last week. Unfortunately it wasn't a lucky shipping, since animals were stressed because the water temperature in the bags was 16°C. Since some days I noticed the sarco started to lean to the ground. Today I noticed the stem was detached from the head, so I removed it and it smells like decomposing.

I attached some photos.

Is there the possibility that it will recover?

I add that polyps are out only when light are not to much strong (during sunset and sunrise lightning).

IMG_2777.jpeg IMG_2779.jpeg
 
It looks perfectly fine IMO, it looks like a normal sulking leather. They can sulk for a while, and it can be normal to sulk when entering a new system. They generally like higher flow though, so you can help it out by putting into a higher flow spot.
 
Hi, unfortunately the sarco continued to sulk and now has a great hole in the middle. I read that cutting the sulking part can help. What do you think?
 
You can frag the healthy tissue, make multiple frags if you have to. An iodine based dip to help heal the cuts and take care of any pathogenic bacteria that are present. Then those pieces should recover just fine. You’ll have to get them to attach to a piece of rubble.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new