Will my Sicce Syncra SDC 7.0 be able to run my 150g tank

TheRadioGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I've a question regarding the flowrate of my return pump. I'm plumping my aquarium at the moment but the amount of elbows i've used makes me doubting if i will be having enough flowrate through my sump.

I've added some pictures below so you understand the way it's plumbed at the moment.

A 1' hose will be connected to a T-Junction were it will be connected on both sides to the rest of the 20mm PVC piping using a reducer. This will connect the 1' hose to the two outflows i have on my tank, each side has one ball-valve, connected to two elbows to create space for everything to fit.

After this section it will go to the end of the tankcabinet,

After that it goes up, were it will flow into the tank

I'm using a Sicce Syncra SDC 7.0 as a return pump, which has 7000 l/h of flowrate, with a max head pressure of 5 meters.

Can someone tell me if i will still be able run my tank with enough turnover?

Thanks!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that’s the same/newer pump that I have in my Red Sea S650 so it should be fine in a tank that size

And welcome to Reef2Reef!

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I've a question regarding the flowrate of my return pump. I'm plumping my aquarium at the moment but the amount of elbows i've used makes me doubting if i will be having enough flowrate through my sump.

I've added some pictures below so you understand the way it's plumbed at the moment.

A 1' hose will be connected to a T-Junction were it will be connected on both sides to the rest of the 20mm PVC piping using a reducer. This will connect the 1' hose to the two outflows i have on my tank, each side has one ball-valve, connected to two elbows to create space for everything to fit.

After this section it will go to the end of the tankcabinet,

After that it goes up, were it will flow into the tank

I'm using a Sicce Syncra SDC 7.0 as a return pump, which has 7000 l/h of flowrate, with a max head pressure of 5 meters.

Can someone tell me if i will still be able run my tank with enough turnover?

Thanks!

Should be more than enough. I have a SDC 9 on my 240 with a basement sump and it's fine.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back