Will my tank fit a cleaner shrimp ?

newreeferr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tanks been getting dirty and only have about 5-6 snails. Just they seem most reef safe so I’ve stuck with them tanks going on 3 months. Wanted to get a shrimp but are they feed safe and would it ever fit it my tank 13.5 fluval evo have 2 small clowns , cardinal , and a royal gramma. If not a cleaner shrimp what do you guys think to beef up the CUC all being reed safe as well thank you

IMG_0070.jpeg

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cleaner shrimp don’t actually clean the tank and that thank is too small. Hermits and snails are best for your standard CUC. Check out and click on 10 gallon kits to give you an idea of what you would want

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
notice how all your fish are swimming right up near the surface, I think you have oxygen issue in your tank, the water surface is very still. Its good for the tank to have flow, get a powerhead and aim it at the water surface to create agitation and help with gas exchange to get oxygen in the water.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
notice how all your fish are swimming right up near the surface, I think you have oxygen issue in your tank, the water surface is very still. Its good for the tank to have flow, get a powerhead and aim it at the water surface to create agitation and help with gas exchange to get oxygen in the water.
Exactly, he needs to point those return nozzles up towards the surface or get a small powerhead.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP no shrimp but get 5 scarlet leg hermits which are fine in nano tank and make your water surface look like this.

Attachments

• 20230909_121751.mp4
    26 MB

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back