Will my zoa collony die

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi so about a month ago I got my first coral which was a frag of about 20 zoa heads, they where real small polyps and they seemed a bit off in the shop so I wanted to try revive them plus they where only £10. So some died and left me with about 8 polyps but I expected that to happen they are all perfectly open now colours popping like mad and the polyps are much bigger and always open as I fw dipped them although when transfareing them to a new plug I accidentally super glued 2 or 3 polyps shut the rest are open perfectly but my question is will they 3 die cause they can't open and if so will it kill my whole colony which will be uppseting as I basicly saved these and where my first coral,, I also have a torch which is growing and doing great and got 2 heads of green mushroom which have just recently grew a new one.. Second question any opinions on what corals are good for my clown pair to host cause they are tempted to move in the torch and I have geared it will die over time if they do I was thinking a gorgeous Duncan I seen at my LFS? I want an anemone but I'm not to sure also all prams have been perfect and stable since the tanks been up and this is my first. I also have a coral beauty but he doesent nip at any of the corals and does his own thing,, sorry for the massive para lol

NewGoby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never freshwater dip coral.

answer 1 - The other polyps should be fine, just let them be.
answer 2 - Clowns can be hosted in a torch just fine, clowns being hosted in one doesn't mean that it'll die - but if you want something else - they can be hosted in any species of anemone, any species of euphyllia, any species of elegance coral, sometimes they are hosted in leather coral too.

Euphyllia97

Empty wallet member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the above

however I disagree with the FW dip. Wouldn’t recommend it in general but I don’t think it is a problem with zoas as long as you know what you are doing. I have battled and won a zoa eating nudibranch infestation using FW dips. Sometimes pests are more stressful for the coral than the FW dips, in which case it is not a bad thing to do.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back