Will Neptune ever release a module specifically for an additional I/O port? (2nd breakout box)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to have another BreakoutBox. But buying a second Ph module (or similar PM module) for 90$ is asking a lot. I feel there should be an option for this by now.

Any chance we'll see this at some point?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, another PM module can have a temperature probe, ph/salinity probe, AND the IO port for breakout. Its pretty nice to have a second temperature probe for redundancy.

OP
OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, another PM module can have a temperature probe, ph/salinity probe, AND the IO port for breakout. Its pretty nice to have a second temperature probe for redundancy.

I rather not pay 90$ for temperature/pH redundancy. I don't need another PM module. A simple I/O port is all I need.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rather not pay 90$ for temperature/pH redundancy. I don't need another PM module. A simple I/O port is all I need.

What I am trying to say is that you ARE NOT paying $90 for temperature or pH redundancy. You are paying $90 for temperature, pH, and IO.

Otherwise, okay, let’s say they release an IO module for $60. Still would be better off with a PM :)

OP
OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I am trying to say is that you ARE NOT paying $90 for temperature or pH redundancy. You are paying $90 for temperature, pH, and IO.

Otherwise, okay, let’s say they release an IO module for $60. Still would be better off with a PM :)

No I understand what you mean. I'm just saying one port is all I'm interested in, and its unfortunate the options are limited. :(

And if they released an I/O port for 60$ they'd be committing highway robbery lol

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to me you can buy a used PM1 or PM2 for $60 (without any probes). In my opinion, used electronic Apex modules hold up pretty well (as opposed to some units with moving parts). Most of my modules were purchased used, and I have no complaints about any of them...

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s always surprised me that there isn’t an I/O port on the EB. I’ve ended up with a few PM1 because I do need additional temp probes.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I understand what you mean. I'm just saying one port is all I'm interested in, and its unfortunate the options are limited. :(

And if they released an I/O port for 60$ they'd be committing highway robbery lol

I know, right. An I/o interface box should be like $20 max. Even better- integrate it into a decent individual ground bob so we don’t need two boxes to do the easy job of sending a switch state. Have it plug into the 16 spare aquabus ports I have available on my eb8s, and other modules.

It’s ridiculous that I need to spend 60 or 90 bucks, and also make a nice diy bob (because the Neptune bob is way overpriced and under engineered) , in order to get additional inputs.

It doesn’t take long to max out 12 spots, particularly if you are using them to turn on/off equipment.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back