Hallucination

20201030_105141.jpg

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are really pretty. I started with 3 polyps and after 6 months, I got 4. Now, GMKs are much faster, started with one polyp and now have 3 and 1 baby. GMKs were bought 3 months ago.

Don’t know why GMKs are more expensive. They don’t look too different to me. Different but not that much for such a huge price differential and GMK grows faster.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point, I think we all forget that there is 0 validity to the names we assign things once we step outside of scientific literature. I often wonder what it would be like if we used a system like C-numbers or L-numbers in catfish (for those unfamiliar with such system the simple version is each distinct species is assigned a number until given a proper latin name). The issue with implementing such a system on zoas is that we have no idea how many of these are different species or just ludicrous examples of polymorphism and thats before you factor in how they change under different lighting systems or water parameters. I suppose one could describe the taxonomic nature of palythoas and zoanthids is indeed Utter Chaos;Hilarious

Everything we know about zoanthids is a hallucination in and of itself...

You take the AOI, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the twizzler, you stay in wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes... 1001100100011011001010010ZOANTHIDS100101100110101010

Hopefully someone enjoys that, I think all the zoas pictured thus far are stunners!

I know your reply is old, but the L and C-number system is just as bad as the zoanthid naming system. You will have the same pleco with 3 or 4 different L numbers attached to it. My LFS is constantly getting in plecos with L numbers that don't match any of the pictures you find on the net. The L numbers are getting assigned by people that are basically going off a picture on the internet. That is really no different than the zoas.

jmart129

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super rare ultra mega holy grail one of a kind most stunning vibrant never before seen Zoa ever!!! On sale for half the price $100k to $50k per head

not for human consumption

Common side effects include fever loss of wife hallucinations cc debt and in rare cases death

Attachments

• 1CDAFEA2-DBF7-4070-A09D-E03C7FEF69F5.jpeg
    1CDAFEA2-DBF7-4070-A09D-E03C7FEF69F5.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 43

Brucealmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed that the same species of zoa's look different in different areas of the tank, the ones at the bottom obviously are a bit bigger but they colour up slightly differently than the brothers and sisters at the top of the rocks

ReeferB28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've noticed that the same species of zoa's look different in different areas of the tank, the ones at the bottom obviously are a bit bigger but they colour up slightly differently than the brothers and sisters at the top of the rocks
All depends on par intensity/ spectrum. But mostly par

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back