Rating - 0%
0   0   0
45 GAL AQUARIUM NO :( 250 +my work

Rattooth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to disagree, but I think those would get along fine. Bigger tank is better. And that many would be max for 45 gallon .
But not sure why others say no? Betta does not bother other fish. Snow flake Moray eel, don't prey on fish . Dwarf lion pretty easy. Toby puffer is a small one.

OP
OP
nitroleviathan

nitroleviathan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your opinions. I would think that since the only large fish is the eel, if I get enough filtration it would work. Any reasons as why it can't be done?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
45 is pretty small but if you have small enough specimens it may work temporarily. As far as getting along, tank size aside, you should be good to go but it's never a guarantee.

joshbbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure the tank is sealed up tight with the eel especially a small one. Also if you plan on keeping her, and you'll want to, gonna need 100+ down the road. I have a baby in my 45 and shes extremely peaceful but like I said, escape artist found her in the sump day one becuase i forgot to put a grate on the overflow o_O

46gReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All those fish in a tank that size will not work long term. Your trying to cram too many different personalities/temperaments/ feeding habits in way too small of a space. If anyone disagrees, put all those fish in that size tank and get back to me in a year with photographic evidence that it's working well. Anything other than that is just theories, which are as good as opinions, & you know what they say about opinions....my $.02

Ed Menard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't notice any mention of your filtration for the tank or if its your intent to upgrade to a larger tank down the road...also your tank dimensions wouldn't hurt...

as to the question itself, they could be ok to start with, HOWEVER...that's dependant on your filtration keeping up(eels are a huge bio load, and more importantly the tank wont be large enough for very long...

jdl513

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would steer clear of any fish that can grow larger than your system can support when near full grown.
If something happens and you can't do the upgrade when you expect your stuck with it.

Get it after you have the 250....but that's just my opinion.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back