Will they ever get together?

Dorinda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my two percula clowns for over a year. I got a bubble tip sea anemone about 6 months back. All are doing well.
But my female clown host the overflow box on the left side of the tank and my male host the return on the right side of the tank. I see them swim together a couple of times a day. But mostly stay on their own side.
Will they ever get together?

MarshallB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you refer to get together, do you mean the Anemone and the clowns? Hosting it naturally only time will tell. I've had my anemone for about 3 months. Clowns host the return about 8 inches above the Anemone. They show no interest. There are a few methods floating around on here and on youtube to help them along.

As for my clowns some times the male hangs out on the other side of the tank. Mostly they are together. They must have arguments or something.

OP
OP
Dorinda

Dorinda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was meaning for the clown fish to bond. It's like they check up on each other, but need their space.
Can it still happen? For them to bond after 15 months together?

KWT

Keep on keepin on
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be possible, never know what clowns do. I have bought mine out of the same tank, 2 at a time, they have always paired.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish spawn regularly however when they are not protecting the nest they avoid each other. The fact one hasn’t killed the other they probably are bonded. Just takes time. Mine didn’t spawn until 5 years.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Its chemistry between them. They apparently are not fighting as most clowns do, so that is good news.
If provided plenty of room, they tend to do this.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back