Will this be ok for standard 10g with Soft Coral ?

Cichlid Convert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I'm new here and hope I posted this in correct spot. I have two tanks : 10g (12" deep) and 29g (19" deep) . I want to setup a tank for soft corals and maybe one anemone and a clownfish because I'm thinking they require less light but I might be wrong on that. Years ago I kept a FOWLR tank and the lighting is so different now with LED's. My budget is 30-50 dollars for the light. What kind of corals will this light grow in that 10g or maybe the 29g with 2 of the lights? If you know of a better light in that price range please post a link for me.
Thank you :)

I also saw these :
12w

23w

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odyssea T5 Dual Marine Aquarium Light FOWLR Cichlid (24") https://a.co/d/00rDZIM

This comes with bulbs and everything you need. Bulk reef supply for replacement bulbs every year. This is the cheapest good light I know of for your 29 gallon.

OP
OP
C

Cichlid Convert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up going with this . I watched reviews with Par tests and they seemed good. I like that i will be able to do the soft corals i was wanting to do and also have the option of corals that need more par higher up on the rockwork if I want to try them in the future. I plan on starting with some very easy beginner corals first. I dont want to kill anything. I had a FOWLR tank before so this is my first attempt at keeping corals.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I'm new here and hope I posted this in correct spot. I have two tanks : 10g (12" deep) and 29g (19" deep) . I want to setup a tank for soft corals and maybe one anemone and a clownfish because I'm thinking they require less light but I might be wrong on that. Years ago I kept a FOWLR tank and the lighting is so different now with LED's. My budget is 30-50 dollars for the light. What kind of corals will this light grow in that 10g or maybe the 29g with 2 of the lights? If you know of a better light in that price range please post a link for me.
Thank you :)

I also saw these :
12w

23w

I got my nano light off ebay. Corals like it! Let me see if I can find it. As for the BTA, wait 9 months to a year for the tank to mature for it to have the best chance. They dont care about light really, they move if there is too much or too little!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres the light. A little more than you said but it works really well for my 15 gallon

Attachments

• IMG_2517.png
    IMG_2517.png
    296.8 KB · Views: 24

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back