Will this t5 combo work?

John A!10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have this current USA orbit marine led light 24”. I was thinking of adding two one bulb fixtures on each side ( one on each side) adding one bulb Ati for coral growth, and one blue. I would hang it from the ceiling. Will this grow anything? My current USA on its own didn’t grow much.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orbit Marine leds don't grow much as they don't have the par output of other fixtures. Adding two T5's will help, but only adding two bulbs won't help much. I would look into a completely new fixture personally :)

OP
OP
John A!10

John A!10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orbit Marine leds don't grow much as they don't have the par output of other fixtures. Adding two T5's will help, but only adding two bulbs won't help much. I would look into a completely new fixture personally :)
I am on a budget so this isn’t very possible do you think two more on each side would be better.

caas1496

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running this exact setup now. I had a orbit marine pro fixture that I ran on a 20G Nuvo. When I upgraded to a 40 Breeder I threw them in the middle of a 4 Bulb T5 fixture and I am really liking the combo. The LEDs are nice for sunrise/sunset feature for more gradual transitions.

OP
OP
John A!10

John A!10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running this exact setup now. I had a orbit marine pro fixture that I ran on a 20G Nuvo. When I upgraded to a 40 Breeder I threw them in the middle of a 4 Bulb T5 fixture and I am really liking the combo. The LEDs are nice for sunrise/sunset feature for more gradual transitions.
Thanks.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 79 79.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%
Back