Will Vibrant solve my Issues?

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
I have algae on my rockwork and my glass, and i want to get rid of it and have a nice, clean tank. Ive been watching some videos and it seems like Vibrant might be the simplest, most efficient way to remove algae. Please tell me if it works i need to hear from you all, and if the Vibrant harmed anything.
Btw I do not have any UV sterilizer, and ive heard that it can slow down the Vibrant.
#reefsquad lemme know what you think.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
I have algae on my rockwork and my glass, and i want to get rid of it and have a nice, clean tank. Ive been watching some videos and it seems like Vibrant might be the simplest, most efficient way to remove algae. Please tell me if it works i need to hear from you all, and if the Vibrant harmed anything.
Btw I do not have any UV sterilizer, and ive heard that it can slow down the Vibrant.
#reefsquad lemme know what you think.
It is a crutch that you will likely never be able to let go of. If you are looking for a fast answer in this hobby you are likely not going to have an enjoyable stay.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank? How bad is the algae? Pics?

Algae on rocks and glass is normal stuff. Something has to grow there. I have clean my glass a couple times a week.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Worked for me and I just applied vibrant for algae on a new tank yesterday

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you definitely sure it's not green cyano on your rocks and glass?

OP
OP
Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank? How bad is the algae? Pics?

Algae on rocks and glass is normal stuff. Something has to grow there. I have clean my glass a couple times a week.
its about 5 months old
Are you definitely sure it's not green cyano on your rocks and glass?
hmm that is possible . i didnt even know there was green cyano ive only ever fought red cyano. Would the bacteria that kills red cyano also kill green cyano?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyanobacteria comes in lots of colors: green, red, black, purple. Erythromycin would work better for that than vibrant.

But, a 5 month old tank has a lot of maturing to do, and I wouldn't use chemical warfare just yet. Others may disagree. Some uglies are normal in a new tank.

Idoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its about 5 months old

hmm that is possible . i didnt even know there was green cyano ive only ever fought red cyano. Would the bacteria that kills red cyano also kill green cyano?
Cyano comes in many colors. I've had green Cyano for many months that wouldn't go away. Eventually used chemiclean and that knocked it. But what you have doesn't look that bad... I'd try improved nutrient control, monitoring flow, etc... first before going chemical on it.

BuddyVanDoodle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a combination of vibrant and nopox to rid my tank of bubble algae and turf algae. Took a while and now my tank is dependent on nopox (which is a small price to pay to ride your tank of bubble algae) as a form of carbon dosing if I’m correct on that. But now I’m off the vibrant and dose nopox daily. I did max dose of nopox once a week and vibrant twice a week. Killed an ungodly amount of bubble algae in about two or three months . Barely had any cyano when I was done which is a common side effect when dosing vibrant is stopped.

OP
OP
Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyano comes in many colors. I've had green Cyano for many months that wouldn't go away. Eventually used chemiclean and that knocked it. But what you have doesn't look that bad... I'd try improved nutrient control, monitoring flow, etc... first before going chemical on it.

OP
OP
Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flows the one problem. I have a 20gal, and its all LPS that dont exactly like flow. My torch LOVESS flow but he aint doing 100% rn because the flow is kinda low. But my bubble (Plerogyra Sinuosa) is the problem. Any flow hits him whatsoever and it closes up. It is possible my powerhead is too strong, but it said it was for 20g tanks. What do u think?

OP
OP
Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Idoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flows the one problem. I have a 20gal, and its all LPS that dont exactly like flow. My torch LOVESS flow but he aint doing 100% rn because the flow is kinda low. But my bubble (Plerogyra Sinuosa) is the problem. Any flow hits him whatsoever and it closes up. It is possible my powerhead is too strong, but it said it was for 20g tanks. What do u think?
Maybe use the rock work to block some of the flow for those corals that don't like it.

OP
OP
Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe use the rock work to block some of the flow for those corals that don't like it.
Yeah ive moved the bubble so its hiding now, and is still acclimating to its new position. Now the torch is looking a lot better, thanks to the flow.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back