Wilsoni care

Noah_redsea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a question regarding wilsonsi corals from Australia I have recently purchased two from my lfs for a very good price and was told I could put them together to form a colony of multi colors does anyone know if that’s true or if they will fight each other being such close proximity, even though they are same species. Thanks for the input in advance

8E1B3145-712E-428E-8549-EE7EDDEBED90.jpeg

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a question regarding wilsonsi corals from Australia I have recently purchased two from my lfs for a very good price and was told I could put them together to form a colony of multi colors does anyone know if that’s true or if they will fight each other being such close proximity, even though they are same species. Thanks for the input in advance

8E1B3145-712E-428E-8549-EE7EDDEBED90.jpeg

They won’t fight, you’ll be fine.

Do make sure they are spaced away from other corals however as they have vicious sweepers at night.

I would also put yours on the sand bed. I can’t tell if they are temperate or tropical wilsos but all wilsos are very spatially aware of where things are in relation to their skeleton. They want to feel the bed and know they are free to extend their tissue.

Their tissue is also incredibly sensitive and will recede very fast if it feels the rock.

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should also try and find out how long ago they were collected and as @living_tribunal mentioned figure out if they are temperate or tropical because you may want to lower your tanks temperature. I would also suggest dosing daily Amino acids or Reef energy A and B. SInce ive started doing both of those things ive seen good results.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These can be very aggressive sending out mesenterial filaments, not sweepers. I’d give a good amount of space and peek in at night with a light to see. Once one of the mesenterial filaments touches a neighboring coral, it’s the end usually.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back