OP
OP
chadfish

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the contrary, I believe they do molt. I have quite a few and they do it every couple of months.

This is encouraging. How much “down time” do they have before re-emerging? Mine have been offline now for over 24 hours. And it’s just strange how the leather decided to do this at the same time. How many days before I should start to be concerned? (as if I’m not already concerned)

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is encouraging. How much “down time” do they have before re-emerging? Mine have been offline now for over 24 hours. And it’s just strange how the leather decided to do this at the same time. How many days before I should start to be concerned? (as if I’m not already concerned)
If they are molting, mine usually take 2-3 days to return to normal. You'll start to see some slimy stuff coming off of them first.

Take solace in the fact that they are almost impossible to kill. I've had several disasters in my tank but the Kenya trees always survived. If your's don't, I'll be happy to send you some.

OP
OP
chadfish

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for calming me down. As usual, the answer is patience, do nothing and monitor. Kenya Tree came back out today with a shedding. Hopefully the toadstool will follow suit in a day or two.
475ACEDA-154B-45A1-BDEF-71881A55F5CA.jpeg

OP
OP
chadfish

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, my Neon Toadstool finally finished molting today. So for the record, if any newbies are Googling for this issue.. Toadstool Leather coral can take 7-10 days to molt. The will retract their polyps and their surface will turn brownish and eventually peel off.

Before:
13BECE42-5CCF-437B-B39A-01EC35ED0F0D.jpeg

During:
A27F57D9-435E-4119-950A-D3E50C82F5CA.jpeg

And here he is coming back to life. His polyps were extended further earlier today.
image.jpg

Back