Windows 10, GCC and myghl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I finally bought a dedicated low end windows 10 laptop to update and program my P4 but a couple of very annoying things keep happening:

1 - every time I hit “Disconnect” windows tells me that GCC was closed and automatically proceeds to reopen GCC. This is not only annoying but messes up my WiFi firmware updates as you are supposed to wait 20-30 seconds before reconnecting for the changes to take effect. I hate windows and that is why I have everything Apple...

2- if I try to manually shut down an outlet in myghl, as soon as the Pc (and this happens with the Mac as well) goes into sleep mode it defaults back into its auto setting! First times it happened was in the middle of return pump reconnecting so you can imagine how infuriating this was.

This also happens with the Connect App so if I want something to stay off I now simply unplug it or have to connect my laptop and do it with GCC...

If someone knows how to solve these I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't really give the answers you are looking for, but just my experiences in regards to your 2 issues. For #1, I just noticed yesterday the same thing. Before that, for as long as I've had the p4 and GCC, every time I hit close it stayed closed. Just yesterday I noticed the same thing tou experienced, the window (program) wouldn't close.

For #2 the only way I've figured out how to do this is change the outlet to always off. If I go in for manual outlet control, as soon as I back out or close the program, the outlet will revert to its primary rule.

Hope someone else chimes in to help with these 2 issues/experiences.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im using V1.1.1.1, but today GCC is closing correctly and totally. Was strange I was experiencing that yesterday however. I just shut the laptop last night when it wouldn't close and minimize. It would disconnect from GCC, but the window wouldn't go away?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been out of town -
I’ve seen the win10 reopen issue, one day. A reboot of windows resolved that.
When an app crashes, windows attempts to relaunch the app automatically- it can go into a loop.

As for the outlet not staying off, of you perform a manual over write, the manual overwrite is only active while that page is open. This is to prevent you forgetting and failing to resume your regular schedule.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been out of town -
I’ve seen the win10 reopen issue, one day. A reboot of windows resolved that.
When an app crashes, windows attempts to relaunch the app automatically- it can go into a loop.

As for the outlet not staying off, of you perform a manual over write, the manual overwrite is only active while that page is open. This is to prevent you forgetting and failing to resume your regular schedule.

Thanks. The thing is that the app never crashed. But every time I hit disconnect in GCC (not even exit!) it disconnects and immediately opens the app. Imagine the problem here because when you try to setup your wifi you need to give it some 20sec before connecting for the changes to take effect but in this case since it immediately restarts I can't do it!

After a lot of tries and hitting cancel when it tries to restart I managed it but still it is a pain.

How can I restart windows? Is it just a matter of restarting the pic or are you referring to something else? If it is the former I have done it several times and it continues to do the same.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have “connect automatically” checked in the connection manager of GCC?

Dogtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have “connect automatically” checked in the connection manager of GCC?

I have my GCC set to connect automatically and notice that the GCC application reloads itself on exit. It’s the latest release I believe. I will uncheck that option and let you know it the behavior changes.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back