OP
OP
RaisingKane

RaisingKane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
btw, on my inkbird app i can set the continuous alarm to zero. I know others haven't been able to but it my be a version issue or something. Mine is on 100% of the time.

What's the ambient temp in your basement?

If this was for me - don't have a basement. Ambient temp is 74-75 during the day and about 68 at night. If I turn the Inkbird to 0 on the continuous heating time - will that solve the 4AM alarms?

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this was for me - don't have a basement. Ambient temp is 74-75 during the day and about 68 at night. If I turn the Inkbird to 0 on the continuous heating time - will that solve the 4AM alarms?
Yeah. Not sure why I was thinking basement. If you turn it to zero it’ll solve the 4am alarm issue. You’ll have the issue of not alarming if something goes wrong like the InkBird malfunctioning and staying on.

ambient doesn’t seem low enough to keep those heaters from doing what they’re supposed to do.

seems that you are trying to use the InkBird to control temp instead of a fail safe. That means the heater temp control has to be set higher than the InkBird. Not just set with the dial higher but actually functionally higher.

I asked this before but do you actually see the heaters operating? If the InkBird is alarming and your temps aren’t what they need to be it makes me think that you’re heaters are still turning off before they reach the InkBird setting hence the InkBird always being on.

OP
OP
RaisingKane

RaisingKane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. Not sure why I was thinking basement. If you turn it to zero it’ll solve the 4am alarm issue. You’ll have the issue of not alarming if something goes wrong like the InkBird malfunctioning and staying on.

ambient doesn’t seem low enough to keep those heaters from doing what they’re supposed to do.

seems that you are trying to use the InkBird to control temp instead of a fail safe. That means the heater temp control has to be set higher than the InkBird. Not just set with the dial higher but actually functionally higher.

I asked this before but do you actually see the heaters operating? If the InkBird is alarming and your temps aren’t what they need to be it makes me think that you’re heaters are still turning off before they reach the InkBird setting hence the InkBird always being on.
Yes, I see them on. Yes, I am trying to regulate the temp and not have such huge swings like I was having before. Someone earlier told me I had to raise up the heater control temp a few degrees higher than the Inkbird, which I did.

I'll give it another night and see what happens now that we are at the right temp. (Just got there from yesterday at 3PM). See if they stay within a good range.

OP
OP
RaisingKane

RaisingKane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I turned my heater up to 82-84 and plugged into the inkbird, set the inkbird to 78 and have had no issues
This is where I am at right now. Just seems to be taking the heaters a long time to heat the tank up to 78. But we are there now - so I'll see what the next 24 hours do.

Back