Wired little brown algae

deindery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi community this is my first post here and I have been battling against an algae that I think is diatoms but some times it look different and I want your input, I already did a blackout but the algae come back. Al my parameters are amonia: 0 nitrite: 0 nitrate:10.
also here are some pictures of the algae and a video of it took it with a microscope.
Also snails are eating it and they are not dead so that gives me hope that is not Dino.
Hope you guys can help me with it.

8E2E64F2-6F6B-4BE9-8FC3-327993284B0C.jpeg 552DDFB0-3D98-47C9-9916-7E85C02F0EC5.jpeg

twhit030

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unless you used a filter that picture your tank looks really white. What light are you using and what percent are they at.
Trochus snails are always a go to for me trochus snails paired with blue legged hermits. The hermits can’t eat the trochus because they fling them off if they try

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you used a filter that picture your tank looks really white. What light are you using and what percent are they at.
Trochus snails are always a go to for me trochus snails paired with blue legged hermits. The hermits can’t eat the trochus because they fling them off if they try
That’s good info. My blue legs are starting a purge against my snails, except my one overly large Mexican turbo

OP
OP
deindery

deindery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights are not on yet so I use a flashlight to take the pictures, the light on that tank is a nicrew of 30 watts and I’m using the with channel at 5% and blue channel at 30%
I have an astrea and some merited but the algae seams to grow faster than they can eat it.
also they are not dinos right?

Last edited:

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 2nd pic and the video clearly show several kinds of diatoms (no dinoflagellates). Early phase in a system that usually passes.if it persists, may try to eliminate Si inputs, or just get some more snails.

Back