Wireless connectivity recommendation?

joro

That Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running my DT currently (and have for a number of months) with the Apex Classic + WNCE2001 combo with no issues whatsoever and my Wifi router is 3 floors away. I'd suspect some other issue at play, have you perhaps tried giving it a static IP? Sometimes, depending on the router, DHCP can cause transient issues like frequent disconnects.

I'll also add that I've heard good things about the power line adapters as an alternative to areas with weak signals; however, I haven't been able to try it personally as I have a large home automation deployment which also uses the same power lines to communicate ;)

OP
OP
jgvergo

jgvergo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running my DT currently (and have for a number of months) with the Apex Classic + WNCE2001 combo with no issues whatsoever and my Wifi router is 3 floors away. I'd suspect some other issue at play, have you perhaps tried giving it a static IP? Sometimes, depending on the router, DHCP can cause transient issues like frequent disconnects.

I'll also add that I've heard good things about the power line adapters as an alternative to areas with weak signals; however, I haven't been able to try it personally as I have a large home automation deployment which also uses the same power lines to communicate ;)
I am using a static IP address, so that is one variable I can eliminate.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to hook up my APEX Gold and don't want to run a physical Cat5 Ethernet cable. It sounds like folks are having god luck with these power line adapter??
Thx

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You get a more constant internet connection with one. My Tivo,AppleTv and aquarium are hooked to one.:)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back