witch hazel for rtn? rtn/stn x ?

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I am looking for a rtn/stn solution
(stn in my case - oregon blue tort) while solving the presumed issues - high nitrate via carbon dosing , and low ph via re implementing soda ash and co2 scrubbing; i still need to solve the stn problem.

I came across fauna marin rtn/stn x, pricey for how they tell you to use it - broad distributed in tank every day for 10 days. would cost more than the frag in question. Is there an alternative product I can use? since the frag is glued to the rock work , i would ideally like to find something that i can use to spot treat it with a turkey baster while pumps are off..
fauna marin :
Water, Zinc, Chelators
Active ingredient: pyridine-2-thiol-1-oxide

a source said fauna marins product is made from chrysanthemum extract? i have not the bottle in front of me to confirm.

if its anything like triton's rtn/stn x, while unavailable to me, should be ok with doing the spot treatment/in tank bath. (not sure of triton ingredients)

anyone use witch hazel for stn / rtn? is it safe for spot treatment or broad distribution in a tank? what would be the mixing/dilution directions .

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello,
I am looking for a rtn/stn solution
(stn in my case - oregon blue tort) while solving the presumed issues - high nitrate via carbon dosing , and low ph via re implementing soda ash and co2 scrubbing; i still need to solve the stn problem.

I came across fauna marin rtn/stn x, pricey for how they tell you to use it - broad distributed in tank every day for 10 days. would cost more than the frag in question. Is there an alternative product I can use? since the frag is glued to the rock work , i would ideally like to find something that i can use to spot treat it with a turkey baster while pumps are off..
fauna marin :
Water, Zinc, Chelators
Active ingredient: pyridine-2-thiol-1-oxide

a source said fauna marins product is made from chrysanthemum extract? i have not the bottle in front of me to confirm.

if its anything like triton's rtn/stn x, while unavailable to me, should be ok with doing the spot treatment/in tank bath. (not sure of triton ingredients)

anyone use witch hazel for stn / rtn? is it safe for spot treatment or broad distribution in a tank? what would be the mixing/dilution directions .
Never heard of this. 3% peroxide is typical

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TheNewGuy321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im about to do witch hazel or use rtn/stn x for tank treatment ? which one did you use and how did it go???

OP
OP
GSnake

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't read up on witch hazel yet interestingly rtn stn worked for a period of time . You really have to identify and fix the root cause cause it will continue to stn after treatment without fixing the cause. Had issues with flatworm on euphyllia and high nitrates/too much carbon dosing with my sps. In both cases it bought me time.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back