With a dozen labor day sales going on, how do you choose where to shop?

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seeing literally a dozen or more different stores offering up labor day sales. I'm paralyzed by options and I cannot decide how or who I should spend my time/money with. How is everyone making their choices to buy corals (or fish)?!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only buy from a cpl vendors. Chances are you can find whatever signature piece your looking for from a fellow reefer with a quick search in wanted to buy section at deeply discounted prices. And help a reefer out in the process.
That being said when I do buy from a vendor I already know what im looking for most of the time. So it's an easy choice when It comes up as long as piece is available.
Then you have a cpl vendors that usually throw fire and insane pieces nobody else has. I always check them out.

OP
OP
Gedxin

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only buy from a cpl vendors. Chances are you can find whatever signature piece your looking for from a fellow reefer with a quick search in wanted to buy section at deeply discounted prices. And help a reefer out in the process.
That being said when I do buy from a vendor I already know what im looking for most of the time. So it's an easy choice when It comes up as long as piece is available.
Then you have a cpl vendors that usually throw fire and insane pieces nobody else has. I always check them out.
Even in Southern California where you'd think there'd be lots of options from local reefers...unless I want to drive 2+ hours somewhere, it's not feasible to buy stuff locally most of the time. It is possible though, and I have done so already.

That said, I do have certain types of pieces I'm looking to get, though a 'specific' one is not on my mind. That's my struggle, any one of these vendors could have a few of the frags I'm looking for, but have to 'choose' I guess.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones that charge no more than $30 to ship.
The ones that doctor and manipulate their online photos the least.
The ones that don't play con games with price, i.e. $50 coral, listed for $300 @ 50% off.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watch for Ultimate Corals drops. They have one going right now. I actually picked up some zoas earlier from this sale. They usually have the signature pieces everyone has but when they do big drops it would probably be worth your while to scroll through and see whats available. They have alot of stuff no one else has so it's hard to beat.
Another one would be pacific east aquaculture. Battlecorals also has no game no gimmick sales and lots of cred amongst the masses but I've never ordered from BC.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watch for Ultimate Corals drops. They have one going right now. I actually picked up some zoas earlier from this sale. They usually have the signature pieces everyone has but when they do big drops it would probably be worth your while to scroll through and see whats available. They have alot of stuff no one else has so it's hard to beat.
Another one would be pacific east aquaculture. Battlecorals also has no game no gimmick sales and lots of cred amongst the masses but I've never ordered from BC.
link please. :cool:

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
link please. :cool:

There's this one but of you search labor day and hcker99 in search bar you will find another thread he dropped with a bunch of nice stuff in it as well.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I haven't heard of Ultimate Corals before so went to the site. Horrendus pricing.........the usual overly hefty price and then showing a sale price that is still 3-4 times the price it should be.

Every acro on sale are chopped frags with make up names from a mariculture or wild coral at 100+ a pop as the sales price.................sad.

They had a ton of mushrooms at 100+ per head with a "boounce" name to try to make it seem the coral is special..........again sad.

I'm not going to go on and I don't want to pick on them, but this is the state of most commercial vendors right now.

I suggest people do their homework and look to buy from hobbyists in the sales section. You are going to save at least 60% if not more.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back