Time well spent: How much time do you watch your fish and corals each day?

How much time do you watch your fish and corals each day?

• I regularly spend a lot of time watching my fish and corals.

Votes: 236 50.8%
  • I occasionally spend a lot of time watching my fish and corals.

Votes: 76 16.3%
  • I normally spend a short amount of time watching my fish and corals.

Votes: 134 28.8%
  • I occasionally spend a short amount of time watching my fish and corals.

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • I rarely stop to watch my fish and corals.

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummmmmm....it's like the 1st thing I do when I get up, the 1st thing I do when I get home, and then some....I look when whites are on, look when blues are bright, then look when blues are dark and almost off..and before going to bed I look when lights are off.

Cristy17

Sunshine Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a room at the back of the house we call the "Fish Room" which just has the 750g tank and a couch. During the week the wife and I spend some time on the couch watching the tank.
But we spend most of our time in the theater. On the side wall in the theater is a 32 monitor that shows some of the security cameras around the house. A few months ago I added the Webcams on the 750 to the security camera system. Now at any point during the day I can do a quick glance at the tank. If I see something that catches my eye I go to the webcam and the PTZ to whatever has my attention and it shows up on the 32" screen next to the couch (also have a security camera monitor on the wall in the master bed.
Another benefit of having the Webcams displayed on the Security TV is that when people are on the camera and moving it around I will sometimes show up on camera and feed the fish for the watchers. On the weekends there's too many to feed the fish 10x an hour lol.
We have a lot of friends and reef friends that visit on the weekend so there is always a bunch of time spent sitting in front of the tank on the weekends. Peers OOhh and Aww and Gasp at the tank - And I just sit there and see all the 'things' I should attend to in the tank.

Dave B

PS - The webcams are avail 24-7 The left side of the tank is at www.o2manyfish.com the right side of the tank is at www.o2manyfish.com/right
Just checked out the webcam..wow! Beautiful tank! Thanks for sharing the ip address.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back