OP
W

woejillis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Among Dose 1a and 1b , one of them has to be on, other off, then only doser will run, if both outlets are on or off at the same time , then doser won’t run.
Thanks Ranjib! I had this all in place due to following the original guides. They are still pretty relevant despite some UI changes.

My issue was with the driver itself. The instructions said to feed it a 5V power signal to the board. However, when the board is powered with 5v it expects a 5v control signals.

When I powered the board with 3v the motor worked entirely as expected!

I'm going to be purchasing a second pump to hook up now!

OP
OP
W

woejillis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've setup a generic schedule of */24 on the dosing pump and it doesn't seem to be working. I would expect it to pump on the hour, ever hour but it's been 3 hours and the pump hasn't run yet. When I calibrate the pump, it functions as expected.

I also get an error on the dashboard of {"error":"stats for id: '3' not found"}|HTTP 404
Should I see a chart or something on the dashboard?

Dosing pump setup:
1612629872436.png

error for dashboard:
1612629769401.png

OP
OP
W

woejillis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done some additional testing and if I delete the dosing pump and the jack then recreate the jack and the pump I can get the dosing chart to appear on the dashboard. However, the schedule still does not work and if I reload reef pi, then I get the error on the dashboard again and the schedule still doesn't function.

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done some additional testing and if I delete the dosing pump and the jack then recreate the jack and the pump I can get the dosing chart to appear on the dashboard. However, the schedule still does not work and if I reload reef pi, then I get the error on the dashboard again and the schedule still doesn't function.
The error will be something you setup on the dashboard that can't be found. If you ever delete a dosing pump, sensor or whatever delete the chart on the dashboard first as it's tagged to what you're deleting.

I'm not a cron expert but you just need *, that means every, so for hour it would be every hour and if you added it to minute it would be every minute of every hour.

OP
OP
W

woejillis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The error will be something you setup on the dashboard that can't be found. If you ever delete a dosing pump, sensor or whatever delete the chart on the dashboard first as it's tagged to what you're deleting.

I'm not a cron expert but you just need *, that means every, so for hour it would be every hour and if you added it to minute it would be every minute of every hour.
Thank you for that direction! I saw on some other thread that to get it to run every hour you use */24 or something to that effect (I can't find the thread at the moment, perhaps I was dreaming it up).

Anyway, the pump is now working as expected (on the hour) and the chart is also showing up in the dashboard.

OP
OP
W

woejillis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib

I have my 2 dosing pumps working as expected through a normal schedule. I wanted to make a Macro to dose additionally as needed.

The Macro is set to:
1.) Turn dose pump on
2.) Wait 5 seconds
3.) Turn dose pump off

The Macro doesn't work when the dosing pump is set to 'On' in the "Dosing Pumps" tab. When I turn the dosing pump 'Off', the Macro works as expected.

Is this intentional? What is the reasoning for this?

I expect the dosing pump to still operate on a schedule and also the macro work. Am I missing something?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back