World wide corals Mobius templates

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who uses the downloadable Mobius templates from WWC?
I’m debating using the lagoon template, but notice the intensity is at 60% but their lights are really high above the actual tank. They also have their 75g template which would be closer to my tank (65g). The difference in intensity is 5%.

wondering if anyone else uses these templates with good results?

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used the 1200 gallon template with my 4 xr30 g5 blue one time. The light was very blue, actually all the time. I just don't know if this template with the blue lights is of any use because it was actually created for the Pro lamps.

Erikhsf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m debating using the lagoon template, but notice the intensity is at 60% but their lights are really high above the actual tank. They also have their 75g template which would be closer to my tank (65g). The difference in intensity is 5%.

Where do you get there templates

STEEZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you get there templates

I tried them, and used them as a baseline but I had to add some white for part of the day.

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the templates are all g5 , i am using g4 , any changes I need to take ?

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be honest and not win any thumbs up here. Ecotech is hobby grade equipment with glossy ad space with apple like fan boys

899 for a light with planned obsolence is silly. The upgrades provide better dispersion yet not as good as a 20 usd t5 bulb.

The mobius app is a disaster. It looses connection and is unreliable. It has a 2 star rating.

I had an L1 vectra die adter 14 months and had loose rotor acpumps from Sicce and Eheim last a decade.

Transitioning SPS to grow under leds is not a smal under taking as it has been billed. If you do go this route buying corals only grown under leds is needed.

Last edited:

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be honest and not win any thumbs up here. Ecotech is hobby grade equipment with glossy ad space with apple like fan boys

899 for a light with planned obsolence is silly. The upgrades provide better dispersion yet not as good as a 20 usd t5 bulb.

The mobius app is a disaster. It looses connection and is unreliable. It has a 2 star rating.

I had an L1 vectra die adter 14 months and had loose rotor acpumps from Sicce and Eheim last a decade.

Transitioning SPS to grow under leds is not a smal under taking as it has been billed. If you do go this route buying corals only grown under leds is needed.
i feel like this hobby is trying to go to some sort of designer equipment. its annoying. so many people are diluted by the fancy shiney new stuff when the tried and true equipment will last you forever. i know danner pumps last FOREVER lol and they never get clogged or anything. just get some T5's and one LED fixture and old school type of pump and ur set for life lol

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fwiw I tried one of their templates and measured PAR output and it was surprisingly low. I could have boosted all of the settings to get to the level of PAR I was looking for (50 at lowest on the bottom). But I just went back to the standard AB+ format.

Back