Discussion in 'World Wide Corals' started by WWC, Apr 17, 2019.
I wanna build your next store
Build thread for the mega store coming very soon! We're shooting for opening sometime right before MACNA Orlando 2019 for it.
Keep the questions coming
1) Do you have any identification system on your tanks for your corals such as "sustainably sourced", "Fragged in Florida", or similar?
2) Do you give to any coral restoration or conservation organizations? If so, do you have any signage in your stores to call that out and encourage your customers to do the same?
3) Do you carry sustainably sourced corals that are native to Florida? I am considering a Florida biotype reef tank and am wondering about my options.
1) We currently don't but are planning on something similar to this once we open the new shops.
2) We actually donate corals to quite a few non-profit organizations for their educational displays and are planning to donate to more charities in the future.
3) We do carry Florida aquacultured gorgonias that we have from time to time, and sustainably sourced but wild Ricordea, plus Ricordea that we grow out in our large displays that we release every so often (look for WWC Cultured Ricordea). We also have several Florida Zoanthids that we aquaculture in house. Those would be a good start for your FL biotype reef!
Time for another WWC Winter Park update!
Fish Only Show Tank ready to go on stand.
RO/Salt Water Vats going behind the Show Tank.
Water proof wall covers going up behind fish systems.
Rock going in systems to finish curing.
Beautiful pieces for the show tanks.
Jack stands getting ready to lift the 10' Show Tank.
Makes things super easy.
We moved this tank into place with only 2 people!
Another shot of the rock curing.
Flush wall being built around the show tank.
Coming along nicely!
Coral vats are being painted with a non-toxic epoxy paint.
More updates on the way!
We all love build threads, but a new store front build thread is even better!
England calling, why do you use vats, I like to look at my corals from the side in my own tank and at the lfs?
Great work by the way.
We appreciate it! It's like a tank build but times 10!
We actually like both. It's true display tanks look just like your home aquarium and therefore closer to what you will eventually see, but we also like raceway (vats) as they are efficient for placing corals into plus the water movement across a wider/shallower area allows for fewer "dead spots".
Wish I had your job!
Appreciate it! It's an amazing place to work
Who makes your show tanks?
Thats a Boat load of rock. Where did find it and is there a source of available "dead live rock"
We have a custom tank builder building out all of our display tanks.
We've been accumulating it for awhile now, and unfortunately the source for this caribbean rock has been closed
How are you going to handle new store syndrome? Ones I have seen make the switch have had a hard time getting their livestock to adjust.
What paint is that?
Please build a store in Dallas area!
Its an epoxy paint for use on fiberglass, its made by Pentair.
Have to finish this store first but maybe one day
Separate names with a comma.