Worms irritating zoas

Spui612

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these tiny worms on one rock that had a good population of zoas on it and is now being wiped out. How can I get rid of these? They are so small I can barely see them, so manual removal is impossible. I have a video and will post that for id.

Attachments

• VID_20200529_164224991.mp4
    37 MB

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vermetid snails. Unfortunately you're going to have to manually remove them or cover the tips of their tubes with super glue. If you go with manual removal, make sure you remove the entire casing- check youtube for some videos. If you only break off the tip, the worm will simply regrow that portion and your effort will have been for naught.

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, welcome to Reef2Reef! Glad to have you here! If you get a chance, you might want to post something in the meet & greet section to introduce yourself and your tank!

OP
OP
S

Spui612

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it is vermetid snails. They release the snotty looking trail when you disturb stuff in your tank, right? These are tiny white and red tentacles, that retract when touched. Extremely small, they whip in the current and sting the coral.

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure about the red tentacle part, but that also sounds like it could be spaghetti worms.

OP
OP
S

Spui612

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I was leaning towards spaghetti worms as well. Any idea on who would say these. I've searched the web and it seems people are merely guessing on who eats these. I was wondering if I could dip the rock? They seem to only be on this rock.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back