Worms on Anemone?

candiecane

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
48
Reaction score
67
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Can anyone tell me what these are on my anemone? They’re on its foot and I think also inside it’s mouth. They look like a clump of thin worms?

Thank you in advance! :)

C258CCB5-857E-49D6-BC47-E80FC04FAA02.jpeg
 
almost looks like it's foot was damaged.

I noticed that too, it’s seems okay for now. It’s attached and flowing nicely. Thank you!
 
Ya. I would agree. Looks like it may even be splitting into two. Definitely not worms, though. Looks similar to what I see when my mushrooms split.

I think it is splitting! I see the line already. Oh okay, do you know what they are?
 
This is how it looks now.

D4769916-F667-45D3-B902-177F4B5DD53C.jpeg
 
Either im going blind or we are seriously looking nudibranch eggs or lettuce slug itself.

1587691192689.png
1587691226835.png
1587691332217.png
1587691416562.png
 
Yeah. Looks pretty happy to me too! Let it be to do what it wants. The brown squiggly things are like it's insides, I think.

Okay thank you! That’s interesting! Thanks for letting me know :)
 
Sorry I’m not sure, the lines are brown? Someone said it’s their insides :)
it overall looks healthy with good color and normal foot blemish is possible
 
Those are mesenterial filaments from inside the anemone. What you see there is hole on the foot of the anemone with these filaments spill out. It may heal, it may split, or it may fester, infected and died.
 
Those are mesenterial filaments from inside the anemone. What you see there is hole on the foot of the anemone with these filaments spill out. It may heal, it may split, or it may fester, infected and died.

Thank you! It’s splitting right now, so hopefully it doesn’t get infected and dies.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new