Worms on glass (tree roots???)

  • Thread starter Thread starter thedon986
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

thedon986

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2016
Messages
899
Reaction score
812
Location
Denver, CO
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hoping someone can help with ID here. These look and move like worms on the glass but can’t find anything that matches. The make formations like tree roots on the glass. Not always appearing from the sand but usually. Off the “main trunk” the little “feeder roots” move like worms. Here are some pics.
D9807BD8-9AF0-4CE6-AAF8-EFA65244E6E6.png
F9B38335-C1FD-48E0-B84D-AE3A374339A0.png
5EECB2E0-A6ED-42CC-9C4D-D39B8F543DE7.jpeg
 
Nuke it
 

Attachments

  • 1605143879930.gif
    1605143879930.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 101
That's weird. From the description I was going to say spaghetti worm but that doesn't look like any spaghetti worm I've seen. @KJ
 
Labyrinthulaceae?
 
I think I have the same thing. Did you ever find out what it was?
 

Attachments

  • 20210529_213035.jpg
    20210529_213035.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 88
I think I have the same thing. Did you ever find out what it was?
I think something in the Labyrinthulaceae family was the closest I ever got to figuring it out. They have faded away and I haven’t seen any for a few months. Might have come into the tank on some macro algae; I think they are known to feed on certain grasses.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new