Would 1 more fish be too much?

Spydersweb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I was wondering if I could get input on my stock in a 125 gallon. Everyone is about medium sized right now. I was just wondering if I could add another medium sized fish(4-6 inches or so), or should I stop while I’m ahead.

My fish:
Marine betta
Dwarf fuzzy lion
2 ocellaris clowns
Midas blenny
Flame hawkfish
Melanarus wrasse
Kole tang
Eibli angel
Valentini puffer

Everyone gets along well, and the only fighting is the occasional minor sparring with the tang and angel(they’re frenemies).

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I was wondering if I could get input on my stock in a 125 gallon. Everyone is about medium sized right now. I was just wondering if I could add another medium sized fish(4-6 inches or so), or should I stop while I’m ahead.

My fish:
Marine betta
Dwarf fuzzy lion
2 ocellaris clowns
Midas blenny
Flame hawkfish
Melanarus wrasse
Kole tang
Eibli angel
Valentini puffer

Everyone gets along well, and the only fighting is the occasional minor sparring with the tang and angel(they’re frenemies).

Maybe post your parameters, gives more to go on.

Just as important is fish aggression and territory, parameter wise you could be fine, but the space you have available for a new fish to room in may be the bigger issue.

OP
OP
Spydersweb

Spydersweb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium is 72” x 18”. Rock is in two islands, one on each side. Enough caves and such for everyone to have their own hideaway. No ammonia or nitrites. Nitrates are 10-15. Phosphates are around .1-.12 or so. Some low light softies in the tank, but not too much.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium is 72” x 18”. Rock is in two islands, one on each side. Enough caves and such for everyone to have their own hideaway. No ammonia or nitrites. Nitrates are 10-15. Phosphates are around .1-.12 or so. Some low light softies in the tank, but not too much.

If everything were to stay there then I would say yes, keep in mind though how much more will the fish grow and what fish would be best for your tank.

Your parameters are ok, maybe PO4 slightly high, especially if most of your fish are still growing, just think if all your fish were to grow only one more inch where would that leave your parameters?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
given the nutrients in the tank (nitrate and phosphate) I would say no, it will most likely push your nitrates and phosphates into unwanted territory and may cause cyano and other algae growth,
if you can lower those a bit or keep them at the current levels with the new fish added by using a refugium or more frequent water changes than i say you are good just watch aggression

OP
OP
Spydersweb

Spydersweb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If everything were to stay there then I would say yes, keep in mind though how much more will the fish grow and what fish would be best for your tank.

Your parameters are ok, maybe PO4 slightly high, especially if most of your fish are still growing, just think if all your fish were to grow only one more inch where would that leave your parameters?
Yeah, working on the PO4. Doing bigger water changes and thinking of getting a reactor

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry, your Dwarf Fuzzy will reduce your population by 2 members eventually! ;) (Ask me how I know!)
This. That Lion is going to eat what ever it thinks fits

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back