Would a divider work to hold back an aggressive fish?

Mackey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ya'll,
So I have a Yellow Watchman Goby who is about the meanest fish I have ever kept, so I moved him to his own tank. But I'm trying to downsize the amount of tanks I have and was wondering if I could put him back into the dt, if I put a divider in there to separate him out from the other resident?

Stomatopods17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That or put him in an appropriately sized kritter keeper and submerge it. Divider might be a pain to install and it can dig under it unless you have it sealed anyways.

Curious what was the goby doing? Never heard of them being aggressive enough to need isolation unless you're trying to keep multiple gobies in which they get territorial. What particular fish was he bullying?

OP
OP
M

Mackey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically he kills and bullies anything that dwells near the bottom of the tank, Blennies, Hawkfish,other gobies, etc

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has a temper for sure. I call it Mrs. Frederickson (play on the grumpy guy from the cartoon "Up") due to not wanting anyone on her lawn. Never to the point of killing a fish though.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a divider in my 20 to keep my yellow tail damsel away from the other damsel. It works fine. I got it from Amazon for about $12 I think

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back