Would like some suggestions

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently lost 2 fish. One Equisite Wrasse due to an accident of getting stuck in the pipes (Still upset about that one), and a Carpenter's Wrasse was just sick, bullied and didn't eat.

I am having trouble figuring out which fish to add to replace them.. I thought I was done until the accidents, not my tank looks really lonely without my wrasse.

my foxface and tang was the last ones added, and I am worried new fish will be bullied by them. not sure what fish to get to hold its own against them.

Some ideas please? Something colorful

75g tank- mixed reef with SPS, LPS and softies
Square Tail Bristletooth tang
Redhead solon wrasse
Yellow Coris Wrasse
Leopard Wrasse
Magnificent Foxface
2 Clowns
(3) Zebra barred darfish/goby
Flame Hawkfish

jenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your losses. You need to determine the health of your tank before adding any more fish. I would monitor fish health for at least a month to make sure no one else gets sick. You should also consider the possibility that you may have some aggression issues occurring in the tank and chose new additions carefully. Read through some of the wrasse threads to see what type would do ok with your current inhabitants and make sure you are feeding well for the current stocking level. Heavily stocked tanks can become war zones if the fish are hungry. To keep a heavily stocked tank, you must (IMHO) feed heavy and skim and remove nutrients well to keep your water at the right place.
Here is a great place to read about keeping multiple wrasse in a tank:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-wrasse-lovers-thread.113942/page-268#post-3381519

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 54 74.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back