Would polyfil be safe for filtration

  • Thread starter Thread starter ajdinp
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
So this stuff isn’t safe to use? Thought people have been using it for years?

I'm just suggesting a prudent practice, not that it cannot ever be done.

IMO, it's exactly like using tap water. It would likely be fine for most folks, until sometimes it is not.
 
I cop’d a humongous bag on Amazon for like $30, lasted me years. I basically added it to my socks (I used “mesh” socks) to extend the time between changes. I just threw it away…. Not to take a left turn but if you got sump space and a few pennies, go roller… its kinda akin to electric car windows, TV remotes, and microwaves; things you lived without until you used one….
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new