Would these fish be ok in a 15 gallon?

GrizzReacts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up my first 15 gallon tank this weekend I plan on putting 2 mocha storm clowns, a file fish, and 2 cardinals and a dart fish would this be too much for a 15 gallon?

keithmeseroll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it would in my opinion. I'd do the clowns only because they can get aggressive with other fish if not given their own space. Also the nitrates might be hard to control with that many mouths to feed without disturbing the water chemistry through water changes. I mean unless your not doing corals. If no corals than you can load up more fish because than the water parameters for the big 3 wouldn't matter but if you are doing corals that might be asking a lot. I got a 30 gallon with corals and just 2 clowns and a clean up crew just to be safe for my corals so the parameters don't fluctuate too much.

OP
OP
GrizzReacts

GrizzReacts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks for the reply’s I’ll be sticking with the clowns info plan on upgrading to a 65 gallon soon as well

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 15 gallon has a royal gramma , 2 masked gobies, one redhead goby, one neon blue goby, one green clown goby and a black clown goby. It’s an interesting cute little tank.

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 15 gallon has a royal gramma , 2 masked gobies, one redhead goby, one neon blue goby, one green clown goby and a black clown goby. It’s an interesting cute little tank.

I can see that working well with nothing but small gobies. I bet the tank is a fun one to watch and the gramma is ticked all the time.

Wow what about a tank with just them?
Then the only thing they will harass is your hand.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Setting up my first 15 gallon tank this weekend I plan on putting 2 mocha storm clowns, a file fish, and 2 cardinals and a dart fish would this be too much for a 15 gallon?
2-3 fish adequate- just dont pack it with rocks for now

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 fish in a 20. One is an 8 year old clown, the other I see maybe once a week. Wonder why....
What's the other fish though? And what kind of clown? A female clown will have less aggression for other fish if there's a male around for her to beat up instead, and plenty of also aggressive fish can hold their own and result in a general peaceful tank. I've got two clowns, a neon dottyback, and a sixline wrasse in 25 gallons with zero issues, and the fish all chill together.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back