Would these peristaltic pumps work well as dosing pumps?

blackadonai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Omega FPUDVS2007A peristaltic pumps laying around at work that I was told to throw out. They've never been used due to our customer deciding to go a different route. I'm curious if anyone here has any reason why they wouldn't work well as dosing pumps. Here's a link to the manufacturer's product page

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question I remember a long time back some on another forum I was in used one but I don't remember the outcome and I cannot find the post now. I am sure someone will chime in soon. Sorry I wasn't much help.

OP
OP
blackadonai

blackadonai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question I remember a long time back some on another forum I was in used one but I don't remember the outcome and I cannot find the post now. I am sure someone will chime in soon. Sorry I wasn't much help.
No reason to be sorry. I spent about an hour searching on google and couldn't find any examples of someone using it for dosing a reef tank so you were at least some help

OP
OP
blackadonai

blackadonai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looked at bulk reef supply and they have a for dosing might want to take a look and see what the differences are to make a decision.
Thanks, I'll definitely check through their selection to see what differences there are

OP
OP
blackadonai

blackadonai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like they would work but wow are those fancy lol
Yeah they're definitely fancy. They were originally going to be installed on a filtration system for dialysate. It's a solution used for dialysis to pull impurities from blood

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily peristaltic Pumps are usually designed for any type or liquid and don’t contaminate/break down/leech. I would use them for dosing or at the very least AWCs. Make sure someone signs off on you taking them even if you are told to throw them out. This is a big no-no, atleast for my company

OP
OP
blackadonai

blackadonai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily peristaltic Pumps are usually designed for any type or liquid and don’t contaminate/break down/leech. I would use them for dosing or at the very least AWCs. Make sure someone signs off on you taking them even if you are told to throw them out. This is a big no-no, atleast for my company
I know how that is and thanks for the response. Luckily I already talked to the company CEO and he made it clear that he just wants to off the shelves so they're not taking up space to collect dust anymore