Would this be over stocked?

NortheastReefer97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, I have an Evo 13.5 set up and am getting around to stocking fish and having never run a nano before i’m wondering if this would be overstocked:

Possum wrasse of some kind (wetmorella or Pseudocheilinops)

Royal Gramma

Tail Spot Blenny

Thanks for your help!

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say yes, only because 12.5 is too small for most fish. The wrasse would definitely not be well suited to such a small tank. I would look @ a clown goby as a good addition to a tank that size.

OP
OP
N

NortheastReefer97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm ok, the wrasse was one I had seen recommended all over for a tank this size, i was more worried about the gramma. Clown Gobies eat sps polyps so thats out, thanks for the suggestion though.

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I have never had a Possum Wrasse, so you may be correct. I was basing that off my experience with many other wrasses. Most wrasses tend to be active fish and can decimate pods and other bugs in much larger systems. Live Aquaria recommends a 15g or larger system for the possum wrasse, so it may actually work for you.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, unless it's aquascaped expertly. The Evo is a great tank, but it is small, and smaller than I thought it would be. Mine has a 13 lb piece of live rock in it that takes up a lot of the tank. I keep a diamondback goby in there so I can spot-feed it, and with that, snails, shrimp, coral, and macro, there's not that much room in there for anything else, and certainly not for a fish that spends time in the water column.

OP
OP
N

NortheastReefer97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input, I think i’ll drop the gramma then. Diamondback goby as in a valencienna? I always liked those guys but don’t they get ~6”? Do you find your’s has enough space? I’d definitely consider one if it isn’t cramped.

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My success was with a captive bred clownfish pair and an orchid dottyback captive bred. Clowns had there area. Dortyback had her cave that she protected. I’m going to say captive bred fish are better suited

OP
OP
N

NortheastReefer97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My success was with a captive bred clownfish pair and an orchid dottyback captive bred. Clowns had there area. Dortyback had her cave that she protected. I’m going to say captive bred fish are better suited
CB is my preference, 10/10 times. How is the dottyback aggression wise?

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CB is my preference, 10/10 times. How is the dottyback aggression wise?
Dottyback is fine. She has her cave. Than I moved them to a 65.4 she decided the wrasse I added was not welcome and bullied so I than added my flame angel and blue tang (all quarantined) and my dottyback has now stepped aside lol

OP
OP
N

NortheastReefer97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dottyback is fine. She has her cave. Than I moved them to a 65.4 she decided the wrasse I added was not welcome and bullied so I than added my flame angel and blue tang (all quarantined) and my dottyback has now stepped aside lol
Bet the Tang sorted him out quick lol. Thanks for the input.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input, I think i’ll drop the gramma then. Diamondback goby as in a valencienna? I always liked those guys but don’t they get ~6”? Do you find your’s has enough space? I’d definitely consider one if it isn’t cramped.
It's just a temporary placement while I fatten it up. It's also fairly small at the moment (at about 2 inches), so it's fine for now. It'll eventually be moved into my RSM250.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back