Would this refugium even be worth it

  • Thread starter Thread starter cba191
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cba191

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2012
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
954
Location
salt lake city
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at setting up a 93g cube. My question is about a refugium. Would having a ~20g refugium be enough for it? I want it to be able to provide adequate copepod production for livestock that would require it.
 
Will you have a separate sump as well, or is the 20g going to act as sump and fuge? If you will have both separate I would say yes should be fine, if together thats a bit small for a good skimmer, return pump and much of a fuge IMO for that size tank.
 
I don't think it would be noticeably beneficial as far as water quality goes, but with pod growth yes.
 
What kind of equipment are you using. Will the pump be submersible or exterior? I ask cause if it's exterior you could always make the sump portion a little smaller to provide more space to the fuge. What are the measurements of the fuge?
 
I'm just accumulating things slowly. I'll be using the WM MF160 that I picked up, and everything will be contained in the sump to save space in the stand.
 
if your sump/fuge together is 40g it will be fine also depends on what your putting into your fuge as far as macro algaes
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new