Would this work to quiet flow?

Roachant

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2012
Messages
51
Reaction score
47
Location
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have a drilled 40 gallon with a bulkhead like this one:

B232408C-CACC-4D78-8F8E-723A12AD5D52.jpeg


I wanted to do put a pvc T in the back of the bulkhead but I couldn’t find one that fit so I’ll just use the fitting that came with it. Would it help the flow if I drilled a hole and added an airline tubing in the top like this? I don’t want the air to come into the drain by the front. I do plan on having an overflow box on the inside.
B42799CF-7995-4D06-AC47-94E51313E842.jpeg
 
What type of drain are you going for? Durso (single drain line) Herbie (two drains) Bean Animal (three drains)
 
Hi,
I have a drilled 40 gallon with a bulkhead like this one:

B232408C-CACC-4D78-8F8E-723A12AD5D52.jpeg


I wanted to do put a pvc T in the back of the bulkhead but I couldn’t find one that fit so I’ll just use the fitting that came with it. Would it help the flow if I drilled a hole and added an airline tubing in the top like this? I don’t want the air to come into the drain by the front. I do plan on having an overflow box on the inside.
B42799CF-7995-4D06-AC47-94E51313E842.jpeg
Adding a airline on top like this will help quiet the gurgling, to an extent. on a durso drain.
the T is nice but this can be done. Just make sure the hole is smaller then the airline hose so the hose wedges in nice and tight.
 
What you need to fit a T on there is; a T the same diameter as your bulkhead, then a piece of pvc pipe to go inside the T and Bulkhead connecting the two.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new