Would you put this little guy out of his hospital room and in the DT ?

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a clown with brook on october 3rd. He died the next day and my other clown died on october 16th. I didn’t know about brook and researched and put the last remaining fish, a tail spot blenny, in a hospital tank.

All I had was general cure (fish meds aren’t sold in Canada) so I treated him with that as per the instructions on the package (2 treatments a few days apart, followed by WC). He’s been in the hospital now for a month; I’ve been watching him and he seems fine. He eats every day, except maybe for the first day or two he was in the hospital.

I’ve been tempted to release him in my 75 gallons new DT (he was in my Evo, which is fallow at the moment) but he has those white spots that I’m not sure about. I don’t think he had them before the brook episode but can’t be 100% sure. I thought they were fading but seemed to come back. I did a water change on his tank and tested ammonia, nitrites and nitrates and everything is fine. I figure these spots are due to stress. The stress from the new tank should be a lot less now so I’m afraid it’s from still being sick.

I have 5 fish in my DT. They have all been quarantined so I don’t want to risk bringing disease in that tank. On the other hand, I feel bad for the little blenny. I’m sure he’d love it with the others in the DT.

What to do ?

Here’s a picture of the white spots I’m talking about. This is from the web, my fish’s spots are a little
F759A499-5E13-42A2-AFA8-7999CD067E4D.jpeg
more visible.

DrZoidburg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would consider waiting another 2 weeks+ and run another treatment with that med. Maybe in this extra time you could see what these "other" spots do. Also put a pic of your fish. It could be helpful.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.4%
Back