Wrangy's Reef - 80g of Wrasse & SPS

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks man!

Here's my sneaky plan for the downstairs room!
69499147_485523241998769_2822739316810186752_n.jpg
Why not flip your desk to face the tank with the L part on the right?

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not flip your desk to face the tank with the L part on the right?
I did think about that but I game pretty heavily and having the bright lights behind the computer will be a bit of a detriment to playing haha I currently have the tank behind me in our study and it works out quite nicely :) I can easily spin round and just stare!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about putting the sump/equipment in the laundry room or garage and through the wall!
I'm currently working on/warming Georgia up to that idea :p but the sump won't be under the tank regardless, maybe to the left of it if I can't work it into the laundry!

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently working on/warming Georgia up to that idea :p but the sump won't be under the tank regardless, maybe to the left of it if I can't work it into the laundry!

oooooooooooh boy! This is my favorite part of tank builds! Hope you can convince!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oooooooooooh boy! This is my favorite part of tank builds! Hope you can convince!
haha the bonus about having the room below is I've been allowed to do pretty much whatever I want with it and the laundry will definitely be heavily tank related too haha I'll finally get an RO machine and setup a mixing station too!

Nice looking plan so far. Just put a tent around the PC with a viewing hole.
haha that would get uncomfortably warm

The end of the tank is level with the end of my desk, it is quite distracting! ;)

DSC_0335 (1024x638).jpg
See gaming and a distraction like that would simply not work! hahaha

Aye another Aussie. I’ve come across this thread before but never realised lol. Congrats on the house!!
Howdy mate! haha yep, you've found another one of us lol and thanks man :D

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha the bonus about having the room below is I've been allowed to do pretty much whatever I want with it and the laundry will definitely be heavily tank related too haha I'll finally get an RO machine and setup a mixing station too!

haha that would get uncomfortably warm

See gaming and a distraction like that would simply not work! hahaha

Howdy mate! haha yep, you've found another one of us lol and thanks man :D
Do you think we should make a Australia reef club since so many of the USA states have one?

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do we go about it?
There is one of sorts but it doesn't see much love haha

The problem for the Australian scene is, a particular forum was so badly managed and regulated that it pretty much ensured that forums don't work here. It became so negative and filled with cliques and "boys clubs" that it was just unfriendly and inherently unapproachable. A lot of holier than thou reefers here which adds to the toxicity. That being said a lot of that "old guard" has moved on or mellowed out which is nice, I still have a lot of grief with the Australian scene but that's a rant for another day haha

Hence why the Facebook pages are such a big deal and that there are really only two main ones currently. If you want to be part of the community of regular activity Marine Aquarium Fanatics Australia and League of Extraordinary Australian Reefers are really the two options currently. There's a few other coral specific groups as well.

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is one of sorts but it doesn't see much love haha

The problem for the Australian scene is, a particular forum was so badly managed and regulated that it pretty much ensured that forums don't work here. It became so negative and filled with cliques and "boys clubs" that it was just unfriendly and inherently unapproachable. A lot of holier than thou reefers here which adds to the toxicity. That being said a lot of that "old guard" has moved on or mellowed out which is nice, I still have a lot of grief with the Australian scene but that's a rant for another day haha

Hence why the Facebook pages are such a big deal and that there are really only two main ones currently. If you want to be part of the community of regular activity Marine Aquarium Fanatics Australia and League of Extraordinary Australian Reefers are really the two options currently. There's a few other coral specific groups as well.
so you wouldn't recommend starting one just based on reef2reef?

@NY_Caveman will do depending on what @Wrangy says

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WE HAVE A HOUSE!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

It's all confirmed and we start the move in a month!! It's totally unbelievable at this stage but Georgia and I are so unbelievably excited!!
Please ignore the terrible terrible quality of the picture (I think they got super compressed when they got sent to me haha) but it's extra super official!! :D
IMG_3630.jpg
Thanks man!

Here's my sneaky plan for the downstairs room!
69499147_485523241998769_2822739316810186752_n.jpg
Congratulations, Wrangy.
Best news on this thread, besides the growing peppers, engagement, fish, corals, cats,...

I am glad this sneaky planned study is a priority overall all other rooms.
I am pretty sure Georgia has the same priorities LOL

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so you wouldn't recommend starting one just based on reef2reef?

@NY_Caveman will do depending on what @Wrangy says
It definitely wouldn't hurt :) You'd have to make sure the Aussies know as well haha

Congratulations, Wrangy.
Best news on this thread, besides the growing peppers, engagement, fish, corals, cats,...

I am glad this sneaky planned study is a priority overall all other rooms.
I am pretty sure Georgia has the same priorities LOL
Thanks Jan!!

She's been pretty good so far! We've definitely had a lot of fun and it's I certainly can't wait to get some new goodies like a fridge, couch, and other white goods! :D

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back