wrasse combination question

damac20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about adding a possum wrasse to one of my tanks. I on I have a six ling which I am pretty sure will mess with the possum. In the other tank I have a mystery wrasse and a radiant wrasse do you guys think that might work out? They all seem to keep to themselves in that tank.

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The possum wrasse is generally a slow moving and docile wrasse. What size are these tanks? If they are big you might get away with the one with the mystery. I just added a cryptic wrasse to my wrasse dominated 120. I didn't see any aggression towards him but he hasn't been in long.

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those aren't very big. I will say that you MIGHT get away with it. No guarantees. I'm thinking it might be touchy with the mystery because they are similar shaped fish and I think their eyes are very similar. It's your call. I really can't say one way or another. Probably 50/50.

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you added them originally together then I would say you would have had a good chance.

but since those other fish have already established them selves and most likely created territories then no guarantees. you can try to take out the 6line in one tank and the mystery in the other.... place the new fish in to give them chance to acclimize to the new surroundings, move some rock around ( to erase previous territories ) then after a couple days put the old fish back in. They do have sort term memory.

OP
OP
D

damac20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah there is really no rock moving I have a bunch of old sps colonies that are encrusted multiple rocks. The mystery wrasse seems to be the most timid in the tank. He is also the smallest by far.

I

inactive

View Badges
Not with the Mystery either IME.

Lined wrasse cannot be kept together 99.9% of the time.

Jdoenumber2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DONT MIX PSEUDOCHELINUS. If you want a 10% shot take out old. put in qt tank for a couple of weeks. Then add both at same time. Either way i hope your tanks are covered. Pseudocheilinus are great but with caution.

OP
OP
D

damac20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I think I am going to take everyone's advice I looked at pictures online and the mystery looks similar enough to where I think it may get the aggressive juices flowing through the water. Ah well!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back