wrasse compatibility

nemotang2019

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I add the following wrasses in a 75g qt for a few weeks? I think they will be fine once they are in my 300 g dt ,but i'm worried about the compatibility in the smaller qt.

Leopard wrasse.
Chaoti's leopard warsse.
Female blue star leopard wrasse.
Ruby Long Fin Fairy Wrasse
Bell's flasher wrasse
mccosker flasher wrasse
Pintail Fairy wrasse

I checked the wrasse guy website to make sure fairy wrasses will be all good, but not sure about diff types of wrasses. His chart is only fir fairy wrasses.

Thanks!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I add the following wrasses in a 75g qt for a few weeks? I think they will be fine once they are in my 300 g dt ,but i'm worried about the compatibility in the smaller qt.

Leopard wrasse.
Chaoti's leopard warsse.
Female blue star leopard wrasse.
Ruby Long Fin Fairy Wrasse
Bell's flasher wrasse
mccosker flasher wrasse
Pintail Fairy wrasse

I checked the wrasse guy website to make sure fairy wrasses will be all good, but not sure about diff types of wrasses. His chart is only fir fairy wrasses.

Thanks!
Is this your first run with wrasses?
If so then I wouldn’t try the Choati until you can understand the care for the more difficult Tamarin (Anampses) species - They seem to be on par with the Chaots in terms of difficulty.

How boisterous is the 300G DT?
If it’s already heavily established with large tangs and other active species then the Bells Flasher and Pintail Fairy are a bad choice.

Also, maybe a stupid question but how deep is the sand bed?

OP
OP
nemotang2019

nemotang2019

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a six line wrasse and a yellowtail wrasse in the dt right now. other than that, yeah just beginning to really like wrasses.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a six line wrasse and a yellowtail wrasse in the dt right now. other than that, yeah just beginning to really like wrasses.
I would leave the Choat’s for a couple of years until you’re 100% confident with wrasses - some species are much more delicate than others and the 3 that are often seen as the most delicate are;
Femininus
Lennardi
Choati

Choati is the easiest on that list but definitely one of the harder wrasses. Also that 6 line is going to be a pain with other wrasses even in a large tank. They’re one of the few wrasses we don’t recommend mixing with others - they can also poke the eyes out of slow moving species like mandarins.

OP
OP
nemotang2019

nemotang2019

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow. I guess 6line wrasse is finding a new home soon… I just ordered a small mandarin from biota. I def don’t want the mandarin eyes poked out

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 45.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 71 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.4%
Back